Up the ante
Your heart reaches out for each child that is waiting for a family, you specialize in child welfare, you could be a porfesisonal in the aodption cycle, or just an experienced parent in adoption. Now is the time to hone up your skills and get certified as a Level 01 Adoption Counsellor
Did you know that fewer than 10% of parents registered for adoption ever had access to a counsellor. In absence of guidance, data and empathy, many parents get stuck with the legal process, most add months to their wait time on account of inapprorpiate preferences, severa face hardships at the adoption agencies and some opt out of the legal process. There have been cases of dissolution also as parents were not adequatly prepared.
We can change all that. Families of Joy offers a Level 01 Adoption Counselling Certification that enables you to hand hold a parent, apprise them of legal provisions and skills you with counselling techniques to complement your passion for adoption. Come, join our network of counsellors across India to help another child find a family. TOAY.
The Level 01 Adoption Counselling Certification prepares you to guide a prospective parent wishing to adopt a child below 2 years of age under the normal category, by offering following skills and resources:
Counselling for Adoption of Children with Special Needs, Children above 2 years of age, Siblings, In-family Adoptions, Step-Children adoption and all other special cases of adoption are BEYOND THE SCOPE OF THIS CERTIFICATION.
Post certification you would be able to guide the parent on following matters related to adoption:
- *Parent's eligibility to adopt based on their status – single, married, divorced, live-in. separated etc.
- *Alternate documents that may be accepted if the required document is missing
- *Preferences to indicate for age, gender, State etc. for optimal wait time
- *Children availability across States
- *Change of address after registration
- *Changes to wait list – why, when how? How to mitigate?
- *How to prepare for the HSR
- *Relevance for children under Immediate Placement / Special Need category
- *Impact of change of preferences on wait time and category of child
- *Significance of Counselling
- *Managing Referrals
- *Accepting the first referral
- *Privileges as a PAP in Referral process
- *Recourse available in case of errant response from SAA
- *Accepting the first child referred
- *Foster Care, Court Proceeding and Documentation
If you are keen to join us as a Counsellor, Please write to us
The Level 01 Adoption Counselling Certification prepares counsellor to guide a parent for adoption. We hope to expand our network of counsellors across India, especially Tier-2 cities that usually do not have genuine resources on adoption.